School Re-Opening

Home / Latest News / School Re-Opening
School Re-Opening

School Re-Opening

I hope you and your family are well.

Last night, The Prime Minister outlined the government’s road map to a relaxation of current lockdown restrictions and a wider school re-opening. I am really pleased that the prime minster said that if the scientific data indicates that it is safe to allow it, “all students will return to school from Monday 8th March”. This is clearly very good news.

The latest guidance from the Department of Education (DFE) says that secondary school students will take coronavirus (COVID-19) tests as they return to school. Schools will have discretion on how to phase the return of students over the week beginning 8th March to allow them to be tested on return. After an initial programme of three tests in school, students and staff will be provided with two rapid tests to use each week at home.

Staff and students in secondary schools will be advised to wear face coverings in all areas, including classrooms.

We are expecting further details from the Department of Education in due course. As soon as we have received the full guidance, I will update you and we will begin to plan the testing of students to get them back into classrooms as soon as possible.

I am sure that we would all agree that whilst we have done everything we can to provide the best possible home learning for our students, this is no substitute to face-to-face classroom teaching and learning.  I would like to thank all of our teachers, support staff and families for their patience, commitment and support in what has been very challenging times.  I am now looking forward to welcoming all of our students back to school, as I am sure all of our staff are.

Stay safe,

Michael

Headteacher