End of the May 1/2 term

Home / Latest News / End of the May 1/2 term
End of the May 1/2 term

End of the May half term

I hope you and your family are well.

As you know I make no secret of the fact that I’ve been incredibly proud of the school all the way through the pandemic, and especially since Easter.  I have been awed by the flexibility and dedication of my colleagues, humbled by the support of parents and carers, and inspired by the resilience, attitude and can-do approach of our students.  I am sure there are challenges to come, but one thing we can rely on is that we’ll get through it together.

I would like to remind you that the school uniform is black top & black trousers or skirt, and as the weather improves black shorts if desired. I make no apology for having high standards and have every faith that students will rise to meet them.

As a group of staff we now have a crucial job to do to ensure students get the Teacher assessed grades they are capable of, and we are approaching the task with a considered determination that I am sure will pay dividends.  Key dates for Year 11:

• From May to June – teachers will continue to teach students and create assessment opportunities that will contribute to the final Teacher Assessed Grades. Students will be informed of their individual scores following each assessment.
  • 7 June – attendance at school is no longer required although students must be available up until 18th June in case further evidence is required.
  • 7 June – 18 June – internal moderation, quality assurance and submission of Teacher Assessed Grades to the exam boards.
  • 18 June – absolute deadline for submitting Teacher Assessed Grades to the exam boards.
  • June and July – Exam boards will conduct external quality assurance by checking evidence for a sample of schools and subjects and follow up on any concerns.
  • 12 August – GCSE results day which we are planning to hold in the same way as we would do in a ‘normal’ year.

Huge thanks for your ongoing support,

Enjoy your half term and bank holiday,  stay safe & I look forward to welcoming you back on Monday 07th June.

Michael

Headteacher